By Zsoldos György - January 23, 2018 - tags: entertainment
The film industry is the popular form of entertainment which attracts people’s attention. The number of people who pay to watch films is truly surprising. There are different film industries in the world depend of countries, languages, and cultures.
Interesting facts about Hollywood:
The two most famous film studios are Hollywood and Bollywood.Hollywood is the American film industry and Bollywood is the Indian film industry.
- Hollywood is the oldest film industry of the world,and birthplace of various genre of cinema such as comedy, drama, action, and so on.
- The first movie to be made in Hollywood was 'In Old California' in 1910. This was a 17-minute short film by legendary director D. W. Griffith.
- Prior to 1910, there were no movie theaters in the Hollywood district--because they were banned!
- Nestor Studio was the first movie studio to be set up in Hollywood.
- The world-famous 'HOLLYWOOD' sign came about in 1923, when a real estate agent called Harry Chandler decided to advertise properties in the locality.
Interesting Facts About Bollywood
- The Cinema of India consists of films produced in the nation of India.Cinema is immensely popular there, with as many as 1,600 films produced in various languages every year.
- The first motion picture in India was ‘The Wrestlers’ screened in 1899 a portrait photographer called Harischandra Sakharam Bhatavdekar.
- Indians buy 2.7 billion movie tickets annually, the highest in the world. But average ticket prices are among the lowest in the world so revenues are a fraction compared to Hollywood.
- For a country that is obsessed with films, there are still very few cinema screens. India has fewer than 13,000 screens compared with nearly 40,000 screens in the US.
I chose this topic,beacuse I think both of them(Hollywood and Bollywood) are making quality films.